PRECAUTION AT WORK: SAFETY & PROTOCOLS FOR BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS
Each business and organization is responsible for a work environment that complies with the rules and protocols of the Government of Curaçao to help fight COVID-19. The goal is to create a safe environment, for both employees and clients. The following rules are also applicable for restaurants, bars and cafes.
SOME IMPORTANT GENERAL PROTOCOLS:
- There is an assigned person in the business or establishment/ location that is present during working hours to ensure implementation of all rules and protocols regarding COVID-19.
- All clients must comply with the rules and protocols regarding COVID-19.
- Remote working must be stimulated as much as possible.
- Each employer/activity organizer is responsible for sufficient possibilities to maintain the hygiene, for example by providing hand sanitizer or other options to disinfect hands.
- The personnel should receive training and information regularly to implement and comply respectively with hygiene protocols.
- There should be preventive announcements at the entrance of the organization or business indicating that people with COVID-19 symptoms are not allowed inside.
- Clean regularly and maintain hygiene.
- A good ventilation system with natural air is recommended, where possible.
PROTOCOLS TO MAINTAIN DISTANCE:
- A distance of minimal 2 meters must be maintained at all times amongst clients and personnel.
- The amount of people that can be present at the same time in an organization or business, in an open air or closed environment, depends on the possibility to maintain the 2 meter distance. Always taking into account the rule of maximum 100 persons.
- Coloured tape can be used on the floor as an indicator to help clients maintain social distance.
- Where possible and necessary, different and separate entry and exit doors can be used to facilitate clients.
- It is recommended to ask clients to make a reservation in advance where possible and necessary.
- Restaurants, bars and cafes can provide service only to clients that are seated at a table or standing at a high table.
- Restaurants, bars and cafes should structure tables and chairs in such a way that 2 meter distance between clients is taken into account.
- Restaurants, bars and cafes should stimulate and apply delivery and take out services as much as possible, where possible.
PROTOCOL WHEN EMPLOYEES ARE SICK:
- It is important to inform employees that they ought to stay home if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- If there is a possible COVID-19 contagion at work, the Public Health Authorities (GGD) should be informed immediately and the instructions that they provide should be implemented.